Tuesday, February 17, 2015

L'orizzonte

Lei è all'orizzonte.
Mi avvicino di due passi,
lei si allontana di due passi.
Cammino per dieci passi e
l'orizzonte si sposta
dieci passi più in là.
Per quanto io cammini,
non la raggiungerò mai.
A cosa serve l'utopia?
Serve proprio a questo: a camminare.

Utopia lies at the horizon.
When I draw nearer by two steps,
it retreats two steps.
If I proceed ten steps forward, it
swiftly slips ten steps ahead.
No matter how far I go, I can never reach it.
What, then, is the purpose of utopia?
It is to cause us to advance.

Utopia is on the horizon.
I move two steps closer; it moves two steps further away.
 I walk another ten steps and the horizon runs ten steps further away.
As much as I may walk, I'll never reach it.
So what's the point of utopia?
The point is this: to keep walking


No comments:

Post a Comment